Toilets and bathrooms are the areas whereby there is almost daily exposure to water.
- Overtime waterproofing membrane in the cement ground breakdown
- Worn out usually from cleaning or showering
- Water sips through between the tiles
- Cause water damage to the ceiling below or neighboring wall
- Ceiling drop off due to wet cement or paint starting to peel off or change in colour
These are very problematic because when water leakage happens, it forces you not to use the toilet to prevent further water leakage.
So it is advisable to have proper waterproofing which will save you from any inconvenience in the future due to leaking water and subsequent related repairs.