Planters are just as important to waterproof as decks. While planters can increase the overall aesthetic look of your home.Be sure to get your planters waterproofed before any serious damage can occur
- They tend to leak if left untreated, can eventually cause damage to your home
- Water seeps out of the planter and onto unfinished areas
- It provides an excellent environment for mold and dry-rot to form
- Dry rot damage the actual planters
- It can also spread to any work that is below or adjacent to the planter causing even further damage
It is especially important that planter boxes are waterproofed because they are consistently wet, because of this, there is a large change that rot or mold will eventually form.